Discover, rediscover, and connect with Proust’s art and ideas as we mark 100 years since his passing at Villa Albertine’s headquarters, the landmarked Payne Whitney Mansion on Fifth Avenue. This gem of Gilded-Age architecture and design offers a portal into the era when the author lived. Works written and inspired by Proust will be available for purchase at Albertine Books, on the ground floor.
All events are free and open to the public, but space will be limited. Register here to receive an email when event sign ups become available, so you don’t miss it!
Programming highlights include the following:
Saturday, December 3
- Live reading of In Search of Lost Time
- Round Table, ‘Proust in Every Form: Adaptations, Translations and Reception’
- Proust in Hollywood, a live performance by André Benhaïm
- Proust in One Hour, a live performance by Veronique Aubouy
Sunday, December 4
- Once upon a time, there was an author named Marcel Proust, a coloring and 3D animation workshops for kids in partnership with Les Editions Animées, led by artist Amélie Gaulier
- Live readings of In Search of Lost Time
- In Search of the Lost Madeleine, a Proust-inspired madeleine tasting