Seeking a Bookseller
Albertine is a bookstore located within the Cultural Services of the French Embassy. Its goal is to promote French literature and as well as inter-cultural dialogue between the United States and France.
Albertine is in need of a Bookseller. The Bookseller would enter into a local contract with the French Embassy. The Bookseller will report to the Director of the bookshop and will work on weekends and holidays.
- offer advice to clients, manage billing, maintain cash register, prepare packages, receive and shelve books
- management of bookshop stock and client orders
- responsible for buying English language stock
- manage the French Corner program (multiple partnerships with bookstores around America)
- help in the promotion of events and maintenance of the store website and social media
- participate in the planning and execution of literary and cultural events at the bookstore and at other New York institutions
- Experience in an American bookstore
- Mastery of written and spoken French and English
- Knowledge of the French and American literary scenes
- Knowledge of the American book market
- Bookstore is open 7 days a week therefore candidates should expect to work on weekends
- Bookstore will also be open on certain evenings for cultural events so the Bookseller should also expect to work on these occasions
Candidate must be a United States resident and authorized to work in the United States (in possession of a green card, American citizenship). Only applicants meeting these requirements will be considered.
This is a year-long, renewable contract position. Full time: 40 hours/week.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) by Sunday, August 8 to email@example.com